Tuesday, July 23, 2013

#8: Rubistar

Wow! A super easy, quick tool for a novice like me. I set up my account in a minute or two and checked out the already created rubrics. It was easy to search for rubrics for almost any kind of topic or assignment. There were already created rubrics for all levels and subjects. I was interested in the speech rubrics because I thought of a group project I had my students do last year to build background knowledge before reading To Kill A Mockingbird. I looked at the different criterias and the grading or scoring scales that they suggested. It was very helpful because it was clear what students needed to do to do well and demo.strate their knowledge. It also has a benefit of giving excellent feedback. Some rubrics have already been created for the Common Core, like for informative/explanatory and argumentitive writing that I've used last year. However, Rubistar can help you make one quickly for your needs or borrow one that is available. I'm so glad I checked Rubistar out.

1 comment: